FORMULA RACE PROMOTIONS NEWS – MARCH 4, 2020
With the 2020 Formula Race Promotions Series just around the corner, series staff are actively working to ensure this year is the best one yet. With our first event of 2020 taking place Thursday, April 9th to Saturday, April 11th at the famed Road Atlanta in Braselton, Georgia, we are excited about the upcoming season and can’t wait to get started.
As we will begin to do at least once each and every month through our media partner, RTD Media & Management, we will supply a detailed newsletter with reminders, important information and other news that we would like to send to our members, followers, supporters, teams and competitors.
Information and Reminders:
- Complete season registration is now closed but single event registration for all events is open. Competitors can visit our website to follow the links to MotorsportsReg.com or click HERE for a direct link to all events.
- Event schedules for both Road Atlanta and Barber Motorsports Park are now online. Please note that schedules are subject to change.
- Thanks to our newest partner, Sabelt America, Formula Race Promotions teams and competitors can receive special discounts on all items sold by the leading motorsports apparel and safety manufacturer. A few members of the FRP program have taken advantage of the 25% discount to purchase belts and safety apparel. The discount will run through to the final race of the season and can be taken advantage of by contacting Media@RaceFRP.com.
- FRP, along with RTD Media & Management, has organized an official photographer for all event weekends in 2020. Introducing photo packages to suit drivers and teams as well as social media packages, any interested team or competitor is asked to contact Media@RaceFRP.com to order yours today. Teams and competitors purchasing a season long package will also be rewarded with an extra 10% discount. FRP, as we have always done, will continue to post a selection of the best photographs from each weekend, along with a variety of race highlights and recap stories.
- Have you seen our new website yet? If you haven’t, please visit FormulaRacePromotions.com. Produced and maintained by Ikoniqa, our new website is a portal for news, information, photos and results.
- As we continue to evolve our online and promotional presence, Formula Race Promotions invites all teams and competitors to send their official media releases to Media@RaceFRP.com. Working to provide you the most promotion as possible, your news will help increase our overall footprint within the motorsports industry and raise the perception of the Formula Race Promotions family of series.
- Attached to this email, you will see instructions on how to properly post on social media, including how to tag and mention Formula Race Promotions and your specific series. Following these instructions will aid our media team in sharing your posts, commenting and liking, providing you with increased engagement and increasing your online presence.
- As you may have heard, the Formula Race Promotions program, and motorsports in general, lost a dear friend earlier this year. As a token to his life and support of the sport and FRP, we are dedicating the 2020 season in his name. Thank you, Dave Panas, for all that you have done to make motorsports a better and safer place.
On January 19th, we all lost a friend… and the motorsports community lost an irreplaceable resource with a deep well of knowledge and experience.
As the original Chief Steward of the FRP Series starting in 2006, Dave helped mold it into what it is today. He had a clear vision of what was needed and what was lacking at other venues. He was also one of the iron men of the series, not missing a single weekend in 14 years until just recently.
Dave was not just a steward, he also drove race cars, so he understood what was going on in the sometimes-addled brains of the drivers. It allowed him to cut to the core of protests, inquiries, and the like. More importantly, he helped train many of the SCCA stewards operating today all over the country. His knowledge and understanding of how to run a race weekend were a key to FRP’s success. Like many of us, he lived and breathed the sport with a great passion to make it better, and he certainly achieved that.
He will be greatly missed but never forgotten, and we are all better for having been in his company.
- If you are not already, please be sure to follow us on all of our social media channels:
- Instagram: @FormulaRacePromotions
- Facebook: @F2000Championship, @F1600, @AtlanticSeries @PrototypeChampionshipSeries
- Twitter: @F2000, @F1600Series @AtlanticSeries @PrototypeSeries
“The countdown is on. Only 37 days until we hit the track at Road Atlanta,” expressed Bob Wright. “We are aiming to make this the best season yet and we have a lot of things in the works. Stay tuned to our website and social media channels for future news and announcements.”
For more information on any of the Formula Race Promotions promoted series, please visit www.FormulaRacePromotions.com. For questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Bob Wright at RobertW@RaceFRP.com or Clay Hutchinson at ClayH@RaceFRP.com. For media inquiries, please contact RTD Media & Management via email to Info@RTD-Media.com or Media@RaceFRP.com.